- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 400g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a dash of oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onion is golden. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs, chilli, cumin and paprika and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add the chicken stock, water, tomatoes and lentils. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Brush the baguette slices with oil, place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Sprinkle with parmesan then bake for a further 5 minutes.
Serve the parmesan toasts with the soup.