- 8 Fresh Precooked Chicken Sausages 864g
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red or green pepper, desseded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup drained canned pineapple pieces
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour (maize)
- 3 tablespoons water, extra
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the Fresh Precooked Chicken Sausages 864g and cook over medium heat until they are golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the onion, red or green pepper, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion is golden.
- Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice and water. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sausages back to the pan, along with the pineapple pieces. Simmer for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until the sausages are warmed through.
- Combine the cornflour and extra water, and stir through to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and seasonal green vegetables.
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like