- 6 Tegel Take Outs Louisiana Style Tenders 500g
- 2 Italian bread sticks or subs, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, torn into piece
For the basil oil:
- Place all the basil oil ingredients into a food processor or bullet blender and blitz to combine. Alternatively, very finely chop the basil and mix through the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook the tenders in the oven or air fryer as per packet instructions.
- Place your bread of choice onto a large baking tray, cut side up and toast in the oven under the grill until lightly golden brown.
- Spread the pasta sauce on the top and bottom of the bread and place the chicken tenders on the bottom halves. Scatter over the torn mozzarella, then place back in the oven to toast until the cheese begins to bubble and melt.
- Drizzle over the basil oil and some fresh basil leaves. Close the sandwiches, cut in half and serve immediately.