- 8 small soft-shell tacos
- 1 tin re-fried beans
- Tegel Free Range Meal Maker Sliced Cajun 260G
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- Coriander and lime wedges to serve
Quick Pickled Onion:
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Pinch of salt & sugar
- 1 avocado
- Large handful coriander
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño brine
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños
- Juice of a lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place the red onion in a bowl with the vinegar, salt and sugar. Leave to sit for as long as possible, or overnight in the fridge.
- To make the tostadas, preheat the oven to 200°C bake. Lightly brush or spray the tacos on each side with oil, and prick with a fork. Place in the oven for 4 minutes, then flip and bake for a further 2 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add the avocado, lime juice, jalapeño brine, jalapeños, coriander & salt to a bullet blender or food processor and blitz until combined. Alternatively, dice and mash all the ingredients together for chunkier guac.
- When you’re ready to serve, spread each tostada with a large spoonful of refried beans, top with a spoonful of guac and a small handful of shredded cabbage. Add a few slices of Cajun chicken, and garnish with a squeeze of lime, pickled red onions and coriander.