For the pickled pink onions:
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the avocado crèma:
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ lime, juiced
- A small handful of coriander
- ¼ cup jalapenos + extra for serving
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 Tegel Take Outs Nashville Style Chicken Tenders
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 8 small taco tortillas
- To make the pickled onions, place the vinegar, salt & sugar in a small bowl and whisk until the salt & sugar have dissolved. Add the onion and toss to coat. Leave to sit at room temperature for at least an hour or cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Cook the Nashville Style Chicken Tenders as per packet instructions.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the avocado crema by combining all ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth. Add cold water a teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency for drizzling.
- When the chicken is ready, heat the tortillas in a fry pan over medium heat for 10 seconds each side until grilled and golden.
- Assemble the tacos with lettuce, chicken, avocado crèma and top with pickled pink onions.