- 500g Tegel Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut in half
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled & grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup cream
- Toasted sliced almonds, steamed rice, naan, coriander & natural yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Add a splash of oil to a large fry pan over medium low heat and sauté the onion until very soft and translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and continue to sauté for a couple minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes until starting to get some colour. Season generously with salt & pepper.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric and chilli flakes and toss until the chicken is well coated and the spices are fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and stir through the ground almonds.
- Add stock and cream and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the toasted almonds and serve with rice, naan, fresh coriander and yoghurt.
Top tip: Make your Classic Chicken Korma dairy free by substituting the cream for coconut cream.