- 1/2 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 4 cloves garlic
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500g pasta (any preferred type)
- 200g Tegel chicken rashers
- 300g Tegel smoked chicken breast
- In a blender combine the basil, olive oil, cashews, garlic, parmesan, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until smooth. This can be left overnight if you want a more mild garlic flavour.
- In a pan of boiling water, cook your desired pasta. Ensure pasta is al dente as it will continue to cook with the sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the rashers into small pieces and fry until crispy.
- Slice the smoked chicken breast into pieces, set aside.
- Drain the pasta. Add the pesto mixture, chicken rashers, and smoked breast to pasta. Stir over low heat until the sauce is warmed.
You might also like