- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 slices streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup full fat Greek yoghurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 Tegel Whole Frozen Turkey - Various Sizes, thawed
Stuffing quantity enough for up to a 6kg turkey.
- Heat a generous film of oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the red onion, garlic, celery and bacon for 10 minutes or until the onion and celery are almost tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and then mix in the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, thyme and parsley. Stir the yoghurt into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the 50g butter, garlic and thyme together in a small bowl.
- Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey cavity and set aside. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Carefully slide the garlic and thyme butter under the skin of the bird and also rub butter over the skin.
- Spoon the stuffing into the turkey cavity, secure the legs, place breast side up in a large roasting dish and cook as per package instructions.
- Brush the turkey with any leftover butter at times during cooking.
Tips for Thyme, Garlic & Lemon Roast Turkey:
You might also like