- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1 small onion,finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (extra to serve)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated (extra to serve)
- 1 egg, whisked
1. Heat a drizzle of oil in a small saucepan, over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add oregano, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Set aside and keep warm.
1. In a large bowl, combine the Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince, onion, breadcrumbs, basil, parmesan and egg in a bowl. Season generously with salt & pepper. Using wet hands, roll into 16-18 meatballs (about the size of a gold ball).
2. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and fry until cooked through and golden brown, turning frequently. Alternatively, grill under a preheated grill for 12 to 15 minutes. Add meatballs to the pasta sauce and toss to coat.
3. Serve meatballs over cooked spaghetti. Garnish with parmesan and basil leaves.