- 1 ½ cups black rice or wild rice
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
- Tegel Free Range Meal Maker Shredded Roast Chicken 260g
- 1 teaspoon sumac
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs – we used mint & dill!
- Extra fresh herbs to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C bake.
- Rinse your rice and cook as per packet instructions. When cooked, season with salt and stir through the lemon zest, juice and garlic. Transfer to a large serving platter to cool.
- Place the pumpkin, capsicum and onion on a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Place in the oven to roast for 30 – 35 minutes until the veges are golden and tender. When the veges have 10 minutes left cooking, add the chicken to the tray and sprinkle with sumac and continue cooking.
- To make the dressing, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. If necessary, add a teaspoon of cold water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Top the rice with the roast vegetables and chicken. Before serving, drizzle over the yoghurt dressing and top with extra fresh herbs.